Tailored for Genetic Testing Applications
Tailored for genetic testing applications, Saletto DNA meets the unmet demands of a growing market. As genetic panels expand to encompass advanced applications like NGS, ensuring optimal sample quality is crucial. Especially in automated systems, where high viscosity could disrupt processes, our device addresses these challenges. In addition, with the rise of personalized medicine, user empowerment is key. Saletto DNA offers a confident and comfortable solution for users to take control of their health information and decisions.
According to studies conducted, Saletto® DNA proves comparable to competitor devices with a median DNA concentration of 23 ng/μl.
Enhancing Accessibility and Patient Compliance
Saletto® prioritizes user experience and inclusivity.
- Designed for all ages and abilities, enabling independent or caregiver-assisted collection at the clinic, point-of-care, or at home using self-collection kits.
- Alleviates test hesitancy caused by needle fear or discomfort by incorporating a soft collection sponge for user comfort.
- The non-invasive, comfortable nature of Saletto promotes higher testing compliance (92% for home saliva tests vs. 60% for clinic nasal swabs).
Streamlines Genetic Testing Workflows
Saletto seamlessly integrates into and simplifies genetic testing workflows to save valuable resources, time, and cost, providing quicker results.
- Enables convenient at-home testing, saving time and resources for labs and clinics.
- Reduces sample preparation steps, providing high-quality saliva samples with significantly reduced viscosity (83% reduction), minimized variation (97% reduction), and unwanted particles. In high viscosity donors, passive drool saliva samples exhibited an average viscosity of 7.70 cP, while Saletto®-filtered samples averaged only 1.29 cP. See White Paper
- Collection Tube seamlessly integrates with automated extraction and analysis platforms, reducing sample handling errors with built-in sample identification barcodes and compatible cap for automated de-capping processes.
Allows for Confident Collection
The users can trust the product and the labs can trust the process.
- For the user: Built-in sample sufficiency Indicator turns blue to signal saturation of the collection Sponge and completion of collection.
- For the lab or diagnostic firm: Proven efficacy for downstream genetic testing techniques.
- Saletto® DNA is compatible with downstream genetic testing techniques, such as next-gen sequencing, ensuring high coverage and depth. All samples tested exceed 97% target region coverage at 20x depth, supporting accurate variant calling. SNP and variant concordance exceeds 98% and 95%, respectively, between Saletto® and other collection methods. See Application Brief
Explore Saletto DNA
Click on each of the hotspots in the image to learn more about each of Saletto DNA’s unique design features.
- Highly absorptive matrix for easy collection
- Comfortable and safe biocompatible Sponge
- Sophisticated collection that avoids messy collection
- Integrated filtration to eliminate impurities and reduce viscosity (up to 83%)
- Smart Design with Sample Sufficiency Indicator to collect with confidence & precision
- Turns blue within 1-3 mins to signal saturation
- Gel buffer provides superior saliva sample (median DNA concentration: 23 ng/ul; Median A260/280 of 1.7)
- Sample stability prolonged (up to 1 month)
- For Ideal Transport at Ambient Temperatures
- Removable Collection Tube can seal saliva for transportation
- Barcode on Collection Tube for sample tracking
Ergonomically designed Push Cap compresses oral fluid collection Sponge and forces the sample into the collection tube
- Cap compatible with automated de-capping processes
Pharmacogenetic Analysis of Saliva-Derived DNA
from Saletto DNA Device
Easy 3-Step Process
Step 1: Collect
The intelligent design makes it simple to collect, prepare and transfer saliva. The user moves Saliva into the Sponge in their mouth until the Sample Sufficiency Indicator alerts them that the sponge is fully saturated.
Step 2: Compress
Once collection is complete, the Push Cap is used to compress the sponge till the saliva reaches the Fill Line. Clean saliva is safely transferred into the Collection Tube which contains the DNA preservative.
Step 3: Cap and Shake
The Handle is then ready to be discarded and the Collection Tube capped and shaken to mix the contents.
Absorbent Sponge for Mess-free Collection
Saletto DNA represents a significant advancement in genetic testing. Designed to simplify the process of saliva sample collection and provide comfort to the user, it features a highly absorbent sponge for quick and mess-free collection.
Integrated Filtration Technology for Easier Handling
Integrated filtration technology removes impurities and reduces sample viscosity, making handling easier. A sample sufficiency indicator ensures precise collection, while ambient temperature transport and one-month sample stability with a bacteriostatic solution add to its practicality. Explore how Saletto DNA is transforming the landscape of genetic analysis for laboratories, researchers, and healthcare professionals.
Click through the tabs below to see key product features and specifications.
- Highly absorptive sponge for quick, mess-free collection
- Integrated filtration eliminates impurities and reduces viscosity
- Sample Sufficiency Indicator ensures saturation
- Ambient temperature transport and 1-month stability; Bacteriostatic solution
- Median DNA concentration: 23 ng/ul, Median A260/280: 1.7
- Barcode tracking, standardized tube format
- Compact format for easy mailing
- Disease Risk
|Characteristics||Blood||Spit Tube||Buccal Swab||Saletto DNA|
|Shipping at room temperature|
|Comfortable user experience|
|Precise collection with sample sufficiency indicator|
|Clean & Standardized sample with reduced viscosity||N/A|
|Sample Volume||1-10 mL||1-2 mL||< 1 mL||1 mL|
Saletto® DNA Instructions for Use
View the instructions for use for the Saletto DNA Saliva Collection Device for testing of human DNA.
Saletto® DNA Brochure
Explore Saletto DNA and how it streamlines genetic testing workflows, makes sample collection easier, and reduces costs with its intuitive design.
Non-Invasive Sample Collection — Introducing Saletto®
See how Saletto collects saliva without spitting or drooling and can be used anywhere – at home or in a clinic.
Saletto® DNA Video Quick Start Guide
These video instructions will walk you through how to collect your saliva sample with Saletto DNA.