Tailored for Infectious Disease Testing Applications
In the battle against the global COVID-19 pandemic, the need for safe, convenient, efficient, and non-invasive testing has never been greater. Enter the Saletto Saliva Collection Device, initially designed with infectious disease testing in mind, specifically tailored to address the urgent demand for COVID testing. This innovative device has rewritten the playbook on sample collection, offering a simple and comfortable way for individuals to provide saliva samples and a contained collection method for safety during assisted collection. By eliminating the discomfort and complexity associated with traditional swab-based methods, Saletto has played a pivotal role in expanding access to testing, enhancing the reliability of results, saving time and resources and ultimately contributing to the fight against the pandemic. In this new era of diagnostics, Saletto stands as a testament to the power of technology to drive positive change in healthcare and infectious disease management.
According to COVID-19 performance studies conducted, Saletto® proves comparable to competitor devices, with a positive percent agreement or sensitivity of 95.5% and negative percent agreement or specificity of 95.4%.
Enhancing Accessibility and Patient Compliance
Saletto® prioritizes user experience and inclusivity.
- Designed for all ages and abilities, enabling independent or caregiver-assisted collection at the clinic, point-of-care, or at home using self-collection kits.
- Alleviates test hesitancy caused by needle fear or discomfort by incorporating a soft collection sponge for user comfort.
- The non-invasive, comfortable nature of Saletto promotes higher testing compliance (92% for home saliva tests vs. 60% for clinic nasal swabs).
Streamlines Infectious Disease Testing Workflows
Saletto seamlessly integrates into and simplifies testing workflows to save valuable resources, time, and cost, providing quicker results.
- Enables convenient at-home testing, saving time and resources for labs and clinics.
- Reduces sample preparation steps, providing high-quality saliva samples with significantly reduced viscosity (83% reduction), minimized variation (97% reduction), and unwanted particles. In high viscosity donors, passive drool saliva samples exhibited an average viscosity of 7.70 cP, while Saletto®-filtered samples averaged only 1.29 cP. (Download White Paper on Reduction of Saliva Viscosity with Saletto)
- The Collection Tube, a centrifuge tube, streamlines sample preparation by eliminating the need for sample transfer. We offer customizable adapters tailored to specific customer needs, facilitating seamless sample preparation and transfer in laboratory settings.
Allows for Confident Collection
The users can trust the product and the labs can trust the process
- For the user: Built-in sample sufficiency Indicator turns blue to signal saturation of the collection Sponge and completion of collection.
- For the lab or diagnostic firm: Proven efficacy for downstream testing techniques.
- For assisted collection: enables safe collection by containing oral fluid and eliminating exposed sample transfer.
Explore the Saletto Saliva Collection Device
Click on each of the hotspots in the image to learn more about each of Saletto’s unique design features.
- Highly absorptive matrix for easy collection
- Comfortable and safe biocompatible Sponge
- Sophisticated collection that avoids messy collection
- Integrated filtration to eliminate impurities and reduce viscosity (up to 83%)
- Smart Design with Sample Sufficiency Indicator to collect with confidence & precision
- Turns blue within 1-3 mins to signal saturation
Dual component filtration allows for custom filtration efficiency to:
- Eliminate debris
- Achieve saliva purity >99.9%
- Eliminate need for centrifugation
- Enable rapid diagnostic testing
Ergonomically designed Push Cap compresses oral fluid collection swab and forces the sample into the collection tube
- Removable centrifuge tube for elimination of sample transfer and facilitated sample preparation.
- Buffer can be added.
- Removable collection tube can either seal saliva for transportation or dispensed onto a diagnostic cartridge with a dropper tip.
Watch Video – Simple. Safe. Saletto.
Easy 3-Step Process
Step 1: Collect
The intelligent design makes it simple to collect, prepare and transfer saliva. The user moves Saliva into the Sponge in their mouth until the Sample Sufficiency Indicator alerts them that the sponge is fully saturated.
Step 2: Compress
Once collection is complete, the Push Cap is used to compress the sponge till the saliva reaches the Fill Line. Clean saliva is safely transferred into the Collection Tube.
Step 3: Cap
The Handle is then ready to be discarded and the Collection Tube capped to mix the contents.
Absorbent Sponge for Mess-free Collection
The Saletto Saliva Collection Device represents a significant advancement in infectious disease testing. Designed to simplify the process of saliva sample collection and provide comfort to the user, it features a highly absorbent sponge for quick and mess-free collection.
Integrated Filtration Technology for Easier Handling
Integrated filtration technology removes impurities and reduces sample viscosity, making handling easier. A sample sufficiency indicator ensures precise collection, while ambient temperature transport and sample stability add to its practicality. Explore how the Saletto Saliva Collection Device is transforming the landscape of infectious disease management for laboratories, researchers, and healthcare professionals.
Click through the tabs below to see key product features and specifications.
- Highly absorptive sponge for quick, mess-free collection
- Integrated filtration eliminates impurities and reduces viscosity
- Sample Sufficiency Indicator ensures saturation
- Ambient temperature transport and 1-month stability
- Centrifuge tube for facilitated sample preparation
- Compact format easy mailing
|Characteristics||Blood||Spit Tube||Buccal Swab||Saletto|
|Shipping at room temperature|
|Comfortable user experience|
|Precise collection with sample sufficiency indicator|
|Clean & Standardized sample with reduced viscosity||N/A|
|Sample Volume||1-10 mL||1-2 mL||< 1 mL||0.5 mL|
Saletto® Instructions for Use
Explore the instructions for use for the Saletto Saliva Collection Device.
Saletto® Saliva Collection Device: How it Works
Take a quick look at how the Saletto Saliva Collection Device works.
Non-Invasive Sample Collection — Introducing Saletto®
See how Saletto collects saliva without spitting or drooling and can be used anywhere – at home or in a clinic.
Learn how Saletto allows for safe sample collection and makes saliva a more consistent and reliable sample type by adding filtration at the point of collection.